Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Books


*** just look at baby Barack Obama!!

it's finally looking pretty springish around here! (A little late, but I know that I really can't complain!)
I have to make two more books for my experimental book making class.
the first is a Visually Seductive Diagramatic Novellette (what a fabulous title, right! reminds me of the Dave Eggers book that i never finished: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius)

the second is an INVENTED book.... which may take on any form, which somehow illustrates-- ever abstractly-- properties of a book.

I've become very interested in collecting and sorting. Yesterday, my teacher Karen asked me, "so what do you collect?" I listed off a bunch of things - yarn, fabric, buttons........ but really, I just collect good things.

somehow this book will be a collection of good things. why do we collect?

No comments: