Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bread + Rest

Today has been a marvelously slow and easy day. I woke up at 8:50 and decided to just lay in bed and THINK (what? have free flowing, random thoughts?!?!?!!?!??!??) It was nice. it was so incredibly nice. Sometime in the middle of all that, Riva (who had been sleeping downstairs) came up and got in bed with me. She is the greatest dog of all time. When I finally did get up, I started making my favorite bread and decided to try something new for breakfast. CRUNCH CAKES!! I learned this from J.Christophers, a local resturant, try it: it's AMAZING:

As you mix up the pancake batter (I just used a regular old mix from the grocery store) stir in some granola. If you're in a fruity mood, also add some blue berries. Cook it just like a regular pancake. really delicious, and a little bit more filling than a plain pancake.

This past week has been so lovely, Elena, Leah and Elias were all here for their breaks. It was awesome to get to catch up and just spend some relaxed time with old friends. Yesterday morning, Leah and I went to the beach. Incredible, in march! There are these cute little swings scattered about and we sat on one for a while and soaked it up.
Alright, off I go. I need to head home and put the bread in the oven. Also, I have a huge stack of notecards to finish up!!!!
Happy easter, happy spring. much love + many sweet thoughts.

No comments: