Friday, May 16, 2008

Pre-SURTEX! To NYC I GO!!

Well, I'm sitting in the savannah library, on route to the bank..... which isn't yet open. Everything is just about ready to go, my flight leaves at 1pm and Nikki and I arrive in NY at 3. (I've never had a direct flight before---- thank you SCAD!!) we have the rest of today to hang around and get settled. Tomorrow we will spend the day setting up our booth and learning the ropes of the show. and then my family arrives (weeeeeeeeeeee) I'm thrilled for everyone to meet eachother, it's so odd that my family and all these wonderful, dear scad people have never met!

I will be spending about half of each day working the show, and the other half will be just mine to walk around and relax. This is sort of serving as my vacation I think..... take it when it falls in your lap, i guess.

Jess and I just had the most delicious cranberry orange scones at the bean. I think that I need to find some new scone recipes when I get back. in the mean time, here is a really easy banana bread that I've been making everytime we have mushy bananas:

-pre-heat to 350
MIX:
2 cups four
1/2 cup sugar
tea spoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter
3 mashed bananas
dash of vanilla extract
some finely ground walnuts, if you have them around.

pour into a pan and bake for 1 hour. it's best if you let it cool and settle a while before eating it..... yum.

much love and here's to many adventures.

No comments: