Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ian Hundley

Neuringe Red, 2003. made from cotton corduroy.


okay, I know that in the slew of things I posted yesterday, there was a link to Ian Hundley's site, but his quilts are SO amazing, intricate and beautiful that on this rainy wednesday they are worthy of an entire post. Here are a few of them:


Oberg White, 2006. made of cotton, wool, silk and linen. Bierbergen Oedelum Black, 2006. made from cotton, wool, silk + linen.

these are totally beautiful, and I think that I am all the more intrigued by them because my friend Emma, who sent me the link to his site also sent me a link to the site of photographer Todd Shelbey, who recently documented Ian Hundley in his home. I have become fascinated by material, and how we choose to sort and categorize it. I found on a recent artist studio tour that I was as interested in each studio space as the work coming from it. I think that it's important to consider the spaces that we inhabit and the objects which co-inhabit our homes. I find that I must continuously ask myself to define my belongings and think twice about if I actually want to have them in my home. stuff, things, belongings. I wonder what stories they carry about us, because they must indicate soemthing about us-- just as we carry them and their stories. At this point in my life, I want to minimize my belongings and organize and sort the heck out of whatever is left. check out http://theselby.com/ --- Ian Hundley is the first collection of photos, at the very top.

No comments: