Sunday, July 20, 2008

wool yardage/ Marimekko

a new material has recently caught my eye. that is : wool yardage. it's a very nice sort of thin but full bodied felt. I bought a yard at Valley Fabrics yeserday to back some coasters that I'm staring to make. it is beautiful, and loves to be serged!!!! it was a bit expensive, i was just doing a bit of web research looking for a larger scale supplier. found one!!!


check out: http://www.prairiepointjunction.com/woolfeltyardage.html --- cool wool+ felt business.




also yesterday, I just broke down and bought myself ann incredibly beautiful piece of MARIMEKKO:


my piece is actually a blue and yellow colorway.... I couldn't find a photo of it online. ANYWAYS, it's totally beautiful. I think that a new quilt is in the future for my dear bed!!!

As ever, I am supplied with Amazing links from my friend Emma. here are the amazing quilts of Ian Hundley... http://ianhundleystudio.com/quilts.php

cheers.

2 comments:

jackson said...

I also love Marimekko and have just found a Web Site with rhe most fabulous range of Marimekko Fabric Wall Hangings which I would like to share.
www.wallartsuk.com

Molly! said...

thanks so much--- really neat site. oh, the endless wonders of Marimekko.........