Tuesday, June 3, 2008

When I think about leaving Savannah, I get a little choked up

Above are the remaining few of the birds that I knit for my three-d fibers final.... Some of them flew away with my friends Brooke, Chris, Laura, Jeanne and Cayewah. (sometimes friends are so dear that I can't stand to be away from them and giving a little piece that we made with out hands makes it a little easier.) So, I'm leaving Savannah tomorrow around 11am. Leaving this place is one of the saddest things that I ever do. I keep reminding myself that I get to come back here + rebuild my home and go to all the places that I love the very best.


This past week has been a whirl, such a whirl that I can hardly believe that everything which has happened could be contained in one single week. Last friday was the Fibers Senior show, which was a splendid event. I didn't take any pictures, because there were so many people to talk to and fabulous things to look at. Sometimes, I think that it is better to not take any pictures--- and just to be THERE, rather than so focused on constructing imaged to remeber it by. But let me tell you about it. the show took place in a beautiful old house on West Park Street and every little corner and room was just full of work by our seniors. (all 3o of them!!!!)


The next day began the mad dash to move everyone in and out of our house. we have some friends subletting for the summer, so there has been quite a lot of chaos and rearainging. The place is starting to come together again, which is great. (But it doesn't look like OUR house, which is so strange and overwhelming.) I think that I may be nearing the end of my back+forth era. It would make me very happy to just be fully settled, one place or another. I get really disoriented with all the switching about.


Anyway, this morning, my friend Jess and I went to the beach+ just lay out for a while. this was so lovely and made us both feel a little more grounded. There is no place more comforting and dependable than the beach.

so, I set out tomorrow. Riva's first road trip. I'm real excited about everyone in Northampton getting to meet her! This summer will be filled with preschool, trunk shows and the Boltwood Market.


(+when I think of all that, leaving my sweet city behind for a while really doesn't seem so bad.)

No comments: